Here’s a little word of advice to all you newly pregnant people out there: TRUST NO ONE. If you want to keep your pregnancy a secret from the public at large, then you should keep the news to yourself. “But we want to tell our family.” You’re a fool! You may as well email everyone on your contacts list, because if you don’t one of your relatives will. Even if you tell them explicitly: “Please don’t tell anyone. We’re only telling family,” they will hear, “She said I’m going to be a grandparent, and to feel free shout it from the rooftops!” All the pregnancy books talk about the emotional roller coaster a newly pregnant woman experiences, so-called “pregnancy insanity.” In my experience (though it is only of a few short weeks) pregnant women may have the insanity, but it is contagious, and it will affect the ones closest to you, especially the ones you least expect. I think this syndrome is specifically strong in those expecting their first grandchild. They get the crazies the worst. Believe me – if you want to keep baby news a secret, keep it to yourself.
- The pillows are here, and we are HAPPY! https://t.co/WrmpEGa606 1 month ago
- Addy: I don’t want to snuggle at night anymore. I’m 7. Me: *mouth open clutches chest* Addy: This is hard for you, isn’t it Mommy? *pats arm 2 months ago
- Same! Baby, come back ❤️ twitter.com/jk_rowling/sta… 2 months ago
- Me: You want tomato sauce on your noodles? Addy: I don’t like tomato sauce Me: Grandma made it Addy: Oh! Okay! #storyofmylife #grandmarules 2 months ago
- Child literally sobbed tonight because I wanted my @OneFreshPillow back from her room. Can we turn her pain and suffering into a commercial? 2 months ago