Here’s a little word of advice to all you newly pregnant people out there: TRUST NO ONE. If you want to keep your pregnancy a secret from the public at large, then you should keep the news to yourself. “But we want to tell our family.” You’re a fool! You may as well email everyone on your contacts list, because if you don’t one of your relatives will. Even if you tell them explicitly: “Please don’t tell anyone. We’re only telling family,” they will hear, “She said I’m going to be a grandparent, and to feel free shout it from the rooftops!” All the pregnancy books talk about the emotional roller coaster a newly pregnant woman experiences, so-called “pregnancy insanity.” In my experience (though it is only of a few short weeks) pregnant women may have the insanity, but it is contagious, and it will affect the ones closest to you, especially the ones you least expect. I think this syndrome is specifically strong in those expecting their first grandchild. They get the crazies the worst. Believe me – if you want to keep baby news a secret, keep it to yourself.
- Just told the kid that @IHOb changed their name. She was not impressed. https://t.co/HWKncwYNA8 1 week ago
- “Addies before Daddies” - 8 yo having Aaron open her car door 1 week ago
- On this day, June 6, 2018: “Alexa, play ‘All I Want for Christmas is You.’” Welp, guess we have to throw the whole child away. 2 weeks ago
- Addy: I don’t want to snuggle at night anymore. I’m 7. Me: *mouth open clutches chest* Addy: This is hard for you, isn’t it Mommy? *pats arm 7 months ago
- Me: You want tomato sauce on your noodles? Addy: I don’t like tomato sauce Me: Grandma made it Addy: Oh! Okay! #storyofmylife #grandmarules 7 months ago